Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Happenings



Here it is another month!  I love love love the Theme A Licious SAL.  I've had so much fun with it.  May is supposed to be a month where you finish a project that you started in a class or some other WIP.  I've thought long and hard about this.  I do have a WIP that I could get out.  In fact, I did get it out and look at it.  But here's the thing.  Remember I mentioned that my husband doesn't understand why I can't just start one project and finish it before starting another?  I've been mostly working on Flight of the Kites but I also have All Things started.  Then I'm in another SAL - it's a monthly ornament.  So I'm already pushing things by working on three different projects each month.  I really didn't want to see that muscle in his jaw pulsing as I pull out a WIP that he's probably forgotten about to work on.  So back in the drawer it went before he had a chance to see it.  Sorry guys, I'm going to sit this one out.

I am going to keep working on Flight of the Kites.  I thought I would be tired of working on all the blue/gray but I'm still really excited to stitch on it.  I'm also going to do the ornament.  This month the theme is gingerbread boy/girl.  I haven't found a pattern yet.  I'll have to keep looking in my stash.  Who knows maybe I can put in a few stitches on All Things.  But the big goal for May is to blog at least once a week.  Think I can do it?  I guess we'll see.

I do have some news for May.  I'm trying to be positive about it and call it extra stitching time!  Work has decided that we will work 4 10 hour days and be off on Friday.  Of course, I expect I will still do quite a bit of work from home.  This is our busiest time of the year.  I usually work quite a bit of overtime between now and Labor Day.  Supposedly no overtime for now.  Again looking on the positive side I now have Fridays to stitch beginning May 18th.

In other news, my son turned 14 over the weekend.  Where did the time go? 

What exciting things do you have planned for May?

No comments:

Post a Comment